|Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater|
North American cover.
|Developer(s)|| Konami Computer Entertainment Japan|
|Designer(s)||Hideo Kojima (director)|
|Release date(s)|| NA February 21, 2012|
JP March 8, 2012
EU March 8, 2012
This game was officially announced at Nintendo's E3 press conference on June 15, 2010. There was a technical demo shown at E3 2010 titled as Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - The Naked Sample.
On June 3, 2011, Konami held a press conference at which trailer was released. The developers stated that Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater was "the most ideal" game in the series to use the stereoscopic 3D due to its jungle setting. The trailer showed that the 3DS' gyroscope would be used to balance when walking across a bridge. The camouflage system has been updated, allowing players to make use of the 3DS' camera to make a custom camouflage pattern. The new camouflage has been dubbed PhotoCamo.
At E3 2011, gameplay videos revealed a part of the game's control scheme. The player uses the circle pad to move Naked Snake, the face buttons control the camera, and the shoulder buttons handle aiming and shooting. Whether the player can change the control scheme or not is unknown at the moment. Creative producer Yoshikazu Matsuhana revealed that the game will have some gameplay features from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, such as the crouch walking and the over the shoulder aiming. According to him, they are doing this because they want to get that audience they got from Peace Walker and bring it over to the 3DS game, without making them feel uncomfortable playing it. This way, both old and new fans can enjoy the game.
Recently, Konami has confirmed that the game will use the Nintendo 3DS Expansion Slide Pad. The game's camera will be controlled by the second analog stick, and weapon commands such as equiping firearms and first person view can be used by pressing the shoulder buttons.
- When selecting what Metal Gear game is the player's favorite, the game now includes "I Like Metal Gear Solid 4" and "I Like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker" as options, as well as "I Like All Metal Gear Games."
- A slight blue bubble can be seen near the top of the parachute at the beginning of the game.
- The radio screen is now in black and white monochrome rather than green monochrome.
- All the Kerotans have been replaced with Yoshi.
A limited edition Premium Package has been announced for this game. It will contain the game itself along with a limited edition Snake Skin 3DS handheld console and 2 double sided art cards featuring new artwork of Naked Snake, The Boss, EVA and the Cobra Unit. The Premium Package is only avalible in Japan. It will be released on March 8, 2012 for 22,980 yen on Konami's online store, Konami Style.
During the 2011 Tokyo Game Show, four uchiwa fans were issued that represented Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater. The fans each had a picture of one of the characters on it: Naked Snake, The Boss, EVA, and Ocelot.
Hori's accessory kit for Snake Eater 3D will be released on March 8, 2012 in Japan on Konami's online store, Konami Style. It will cost 2,980 yen.
- ^ http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/metal_gear_solid_snake_eater_3d_sneaks_into_europe_on_march_8th
- ^ http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18114-metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d-us-release-set-for-february-21/
- ^ The Gaming Union Network. Konami Details Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater. The Gaming Union Network. Retrieved 2011-06-03.
- ^ http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2011/
- ^ http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/27/accessorize-your-3ds-with-metal-gear-solid-snake-eater-3d-covers/