Ashley Wood (born 1971) is an Australian comic book artist and illustrator who is well known for his cover art, concept design, and his work as an art director. Wood generally works in mixed media, often combining oil painting with digital artmaking.
Metal Gear series
Wood worked in conjunction with writer Kris Oprisko to illustrate the comic book adaptations of Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty for IDW Publishing. These comics were later adapted into digital formats in the form of the PlayStation Portable game Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel and as a DVD Video titled Metal Gear Solid 2: Bande Dessinée (which was later included in The Legacy Collection).
Wood's work in the Metal Gear Solid comics led to his involvement in the actual game series with the PSP title Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, where he provided the artwork for illustrated cutscene. Wood later returned as a guest illustrator for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, this time working alongside Yoji Shinkawa.
Metal Gear works
- Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty comics (2006–2008) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (2006) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (2006) – cutscene illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Bande Dessinée (2008) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010) – guest artist (illustrated cutscenes)