Ashley Wood (born 1971) is an Australian comic book artist and illustrator who is well known for his cover art, concept design, and his work as an art director. Wood generally works in mixed media, often combining oil painting with digital artmaking.
Metal Gear series Edit
Wood worked in conjunction with Konami Japan and Hideo Kojima to illustrated the Metal Gear Solid comics. Wood also assisted in creating one of the world's first digital comics for the PlayStation Portable, Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel, where he illustrated the game. Following this, he also supplied art for the cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and illustrated Metal Gear Solid 2: Bande Dessinée, an interactive comic book released on DVD based on the Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty comic.
Metal Gear works Edit
- Metal Gear Solid & Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty comics (2006–2008) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (2006) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (2006) – cutscene illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Bande Dessinée (2008) – illustrator
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010) – cutscene illustrator (as a "special guest artist")