Chihoko Uchiyama (内山 千穂子 Uchiyama Chihoko?) is a Japanese concept artist who was employed by Konami between 2002 and 2015. She worked on the Metal Gear series as a character designer since Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater alongside Yoji Shinkawa. Her work consisted primarily of adapting Shinkawa's character designs into model sheets for the 3D graphic designers, although she has also contributed her own ideas and designs into the games as well. After the disbanding of the original Kojima Productions, she became a member of the new independent incarnation.
Metal Gear works
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004) - character design (main staff), artist (2D art unit), 2D artist (movie unit)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008) - character research (production staff), artist (2D art design unit), 2D artist
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010) - concept artist (main staff), artist and layout (illustrated cutscenes)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2013) - character concept art
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (2014) - concept artist (main staff), manual artwork
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015) - concept artist (main staff), UI design support, map creation (video asset production), manual artwork