The swamp was inhabited by crocodiles that were extremely vicious. According to EVA, they were known to have killed Soviet soldiers out on patrol and no one had dared to go near the swamp ever since. Most of the soldiers killed were apparently attacked from behind while in the water, which contributed to its name, "the black shore." The swamp was also home to leeches and various species of fish. During GRU occupation, the surrounding area was rigged with various traps that would be triggered if a rope near the ground was disturbed.
There are no guards in this area. The main hazards are the crocodiles and the many traps first encountered here. Ensure Snake does not drown, either. By climbing over several rope wires, you can retrieve the Crocodile Cap on a ledge. You can also swim through the pond to obtain ammunition and fish. Leeches that will inevitably stick to Snake in the water should be removed in the CURE menu, too as they will drain stamina.
- Crocodile Cap - On the embankment. To reach, dive through the tree trucks on the western embankment, and approach the climbable tree. Climb it, hang from the branch and shift down the rope. When another rope is visible underneath, drop to it. Repeat.
- GA-KO camouflage - Northeast, underwater;
- The GA-KO uniform allows you to hear the sound of Kerotans in order to help locate them. Shoot all Kerotans in the game to unlock the Stealth camouflage, making sure to check all the previous areas. This may require more than one playthrough.
- Chaff Grenades - Northeast, underwater;
- Stun Grenades - North, on the small raise of ground;
- M1911A1 bullets - North, on the small raise of ground;
- Grenades - Dive through the tree trunks on the western embankment;
- Mk22 bullets - Dive through the tree trunks on the western embankment;
- AK-47 bullets - Underwater, just northwest of your starting position;
- Grenades - Underwater, just northwest of your starting position;
- Smoke Grenades - Underwater, just northwest of your starting position.
|Next Location||Bolshaya Past|