Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A flamethrower is a mechanical incendiary weapon designed to project a long controllable stream of fire, either by ignited flammable liquid or a long gas flame.
- The Fury
- GRU flame troopers (utilizing the M2 flamethrower)
- Fire Trooper
- Solid Snake (improvised from lacquer spray and lighter)
Behind the scenes
Flamethrowers first appear in the original Metal Gear as the weapon of the boss character Fire Trooper. As a useable armament, it first appears in the form of Solid Snake's makeshift weapon toward the end of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
The flamethrower is the weapon of choice for Pyro Bison, a boss character in the non-canon game Metal Gear: Ghost Babel. His weapon uses a specially blended fuel that allows his flames to burn more purely, and more fiercely, than others.
In the VGA 2012 trailer for The Phantom Pain, several soldiers, while raiding the hospital that Big Boss is interred at, were seen with backpacks that resembled the fuel canisters for the M2 flamethrower.
- Metal Gear
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (improvised)
- Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (non-canon)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (Metal Gear Online, non-canon)
- Metal Gear Acid (non-canon)
- Metal Gear Acid 2 (non-canon)