Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the Metal Gear series, Indirect Kill refers to the player neutralizing an opponent by killing them, without receiving credit for the kill. This can be used to obtain codenames (such as FOXHOUND in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain), achievements and trophies (such as PEACE WALKER in Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition), or special items (such as the bandana in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots) that require limited or no kills or to prevent accumulation of Demon Points in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
In The Phantom Pain, opponents can be killed in the following ways without the player receiving credit for the kill:
- "Falling" off of high ledges or cliffs, even if thrown off.
- Being in or near a collapsing tower.
- Drowning in shallow water.
- Being killed by wild animals.
- Being hit by a vehicle, even if the player is driving (also having a vehicle air dropped onto them).
- Being killed by an explosion other than a player's weapon (exploding vehicles or red barrels).
- Being shot by another enemy, killed by an enemy's grenade, or hit by an enemy mortar.
- Kicking an enemy to death (counts as a mortal wound).
- Otherwise mortally wounding an enemy without finishing them off.
Mortally wounding an enemy will not result in a kill (for the purposes of the FOXHOUND codename), but will add to Demon Points.
- Helicopter pilots.
Killing these targets will not count as a kill, regardless of how it is done.