Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kenyu Horiuchi (堀内 賢雄 Horiuchi Ken'yū?) is a Japanese voice actor and recording studio manager who provided the Japanese voice of Raiden in the Metal Gear series. He also portrayed the Raiden parody character Ivan Raidenovitch Raikov in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
Regarding his role as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Horiuchi claimed he empathized with the character's pained existence as a cyborg. A tweet from Hideo Kojima confirmed that Horiuchi will play a role in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Horiuchi was formerly married to voice actress Naoko Matsui before they divorced, although they remained friends. Outside the Metal Gear series, Horiuchi is famous for his roles as Emperor Mateus in the Dissidia subseries of the Final Fantasy franchise, Gren in Cowboy Bepop, Pain in Naruto, and the dub voice for Captain America in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Metal Gear works
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2013) — Raiden
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (2012) — Raiden
- Metal Gear Online (2008) — Raiden
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008) — Raiden
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (2006) — Raiden, Raikov
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (2005) — Raikov
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004) — Raikov
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001) — Raiden