Liquid Ocelot's Insurrection, also known as the Guns of the Patriots Incident and the Outer Haven Incident, was an event conducted in 2014 by Liquid Ocelot, the supposed spirit of then-long deceased former FOXHOUND commander and Les Enfants Terribles byproduct Liquid Snake possessing the body of former FOXHOUND member and Patriot founder/agent Revolver Ocelot. Using the world's five largest private military companies (Pieuvre Armement of France, Praying Mantis of the United Kingdom, Raven Sword and Werewolf of the United States, and Otselotovaya Khvatka of Russia) combined together under a mother company known as Outer Heaven, Liquid planned to remove the Patriots from power. Although it was initially believed that Liquid intended to take over the Patriots via the Sons of the Patriots system, the rogue AI GW (which had been cut off from the Patriots' AI system due to the events of the Patriot-manipulated Big Shell Incident) and using naked nukes via Metal Gear REX's rail gun from Outer Heaven to forcibly deorbit JD, it was later revealed that Liquid Ocelot had in fact planned to manipulate Solid Snake into using FOXALIVE to shut down the AI system altogether via GW, and that "Liquid" Ocelot had faked possession to ensure his alongside Big Mama and Naomi Hunter's goals of saving and resurrecting Big Boss were accomplished. Although he had met with success regarding the Patriots' destruction as well as Big Boss' resurrection, he had failed to implement complete anarchy due to modifications to FOXALIVE that were secretly implemented by Sunny, Olga Gurlukovich's daughter.
For specific events pertaining to the insurrection, see:
- Liquid Sun, detailing Liquid Ocelot and Praying Mantis' actions in the Middle East.
- Solid Sun, detailing Liquid Ocelot and Pieuvre Armement's actions in South America.
- Third Sun, detailing Liquid Ocelot and Raven Sword's actions in Eastern Europe.
- Twin Suns, detailing Liquid Ocelot and Werewolf's actions on Shadow Moses Island.
- Old Sun, detailing the final moments of the insurrection.
- Naked Sin and Naked Son, detailing the aftermath of the insurrection.