Metal Gear RAY was an amphibious model of Metal Gear initially designed to hunt down Metal Gear REX derivatives. Although the model technically lacked the ability to launch nukes, it was considered a Metal Gear because of it being designed to counter REX derivatives, which did possess the ability to launch nukes, which nonetheless fell under the pretenses of nuclear strategy. There are four types it may refer to:
- Metal Gear RAY (manned): an amphibious Metal Gear prototype designed by the United States Marine Corps.
- Metal Gear RAY (unmanned): a mass-produced amphibious Metal Gear designed by the United States Navy based on the original Marines model.
- Metal Gear RAY (Liquid Ocelot): an unknown variant piloted by Liquid Ocelot during his insurrection.
- Metal Gear RAY (Unmanned Gear): a modified version of Metal Gear RAY, acting as an unmanned weapon, although it incorporated traits from the Marine prototype, more specifically it possessing a tail.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ^ Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Kojima Productions (2008).
Otacon: The Gears you've fought before [Solid Snake] were all basically designed and produced to serve as nuclear platforms. [Metal Gear] RAY was an exception to the rule, but even that was an anti-Metal Gear weapon designed to defeat all of the Metal Gear clones popping all over the world. Its value was still measured in terms of the framework of nuclear strategy.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may change the link to point you directly to the intended article.|