Nobuyoshi Nishimura (西村 誠芳 Nishimura Nobuyoshi?, born on February 18, 1963 in Nagasaki, Japan) is a professional Japanese character designer and animator. He started in the anime industry when he joined Studio Dove in 1983, where he worked as a frame artist on numerous TV shows and movies such as Armored Trooper Votoms, Galvion, City Hunter and Dirty Pair. He would later work on as an animation director in episodes of Mobile Police Patlabor, Matchless Raijin-Oh and Gundam Wing, and most notably was the character designer in After War Gundam X.
He left Studio Dove and joined Konami Computer Entertainment Japan in 1997, where he had a role in every mainline Metal Gear Solid game as a motion animation and later on as a concept artist. Outside the Metal Gear series, Nishimura also provided the character designs and promotional illustrations for the original Zone of the Enders and its sequel, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, as well as promotional art for all the Boktai games since Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django.
Metal Gear works
- Metal Gear Solid (1998) - action animator (motion unit), premium package illustration
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001) - key animator (motion unit)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004) - vibration (real time demo unit), animator (motion unit)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (2004) - animator (animation unit), storyboard artist (real time demo unit)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008) - animator (design unit)
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010) - storyboard and layout artist (illustrated cutscenes)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (2013) - concept artist
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (2014) - concept artist
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015) - concept artist