Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ruger MK. 2 Pistol was a rimfire single-action semi-automatic pistol chambered in .22 Long Rifle and manufactured by the arms company Sturm, Ruger and Company, and were among the most popular handguns made, having over three million sold.
Description and usage
Chambered in .22 Long Rifle, the Ruger Standard and its derivatives have been in production since 1949. The MK. 2 version was first manufactured in 1982. The series became notorious as assassination weapons because of their use by Mossad agents and the controversial book Hitman. It was eventually discontinued in 2005.
During his mission to assassinate Liquid Ocelot in the Middle East in 2014, a rapidly aged Solid Snake was supplied with the Ruger MK. 2 by Otacon via the Metal Gear Mk. II. The handgun had been modified to accommodate tranquilizer rounds and had included a laser sight. As its development predated the development and implementation of the Sons of the Patriots system, it was not given any ID chips. In addition, the gun had been recovered by Otacon before it got a chance to be recycled.
Behind the scenes
Snake's Ruger is equipped with a built-in suppressor, and the bolt is locked in place while firing, making it almost completely silent. However, as a single shot weapon, it is unsuitable for rapid fire. Uses tranquilizer and emotion rounds. While non-lethal, it is a valuable tool for covert infiltration and no-kill completions. Also includes a built-in laser sight for more accurate aiming without needing to use the iron sights. Can be obtained from the Metal Gear Mk. II. There are no modifications available for this weapon, but there is a wide variety of ammunition.
- Tranquilizer- causes people to fall asleep for a while. Headshots induce instant sleep, while shooting the torso or the limbs will cause a delayed reaction. Shooting the gluetus maximus (buttocks) also results in instant sleep.
- Laughter- causes people to laugh hysterically, and will cause create temporary insanity, causing them to shoot at friend and foe alike simply for their amusement. Eventually, affected persons will fall unconscious.
- Rage- stimulates anger, causing affected persons to roar in anger constantly. As a result, they will try to exit cover and charge at the enemy during combat. Eventually, affected persons will fall unconscious.
- Crying- stimulates sadness, causing people to slump over and cry. Affected persons will ignore Snake's presence. Eventually, affected persons will fall unconscious.
- Screaming- stimulates fear, resulting in constant screaming. Affected persons will constantly run from place to place in fear. Affected persons will ignore Snake's presence. Eventually, affected persons will fall unconscious.
The Mk. 2 was later given as part of a promotion sponsored by Paseli in Metal Gear Arcade.