|This article is about the terrorist faction that took over Shadow Moses. You may be looking for the clones of Big Boss created in the Les Enfants Terribles project, Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake.|
The Sons of Big Boss was a terrorist group that comprised members of U.S. Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND and the Next-Generation Special Forces, led by Liquid Snake. The group's name derived from the fact that members of the NGSF had received gene therapy to mimic the traits of renowned soldier and former FOXHOUND commander Big Boss, with Liquid being a clone of the man himself. Most of the other FOXHOUND members also shared past connections with Big Boss, having great admiration for the so-called "legendary soldier."
In early 2005, the Sons of Big Boss occupied Shadow Moses Island, during an armed revolt against the U.S. Government. The group demanded that the Government hand over Big Boss's remains so that they could use his DNA to correct genetic mutations in the Genome Soldiers. If their demands were not met, they threatened to use the stolen Metal Gear REX to launch a nuclear strike. They later altered the agreement and demanded one billion dollars in addition to the corpse of Big Boss, planning to turn Shadow Moses into a new Outer Heaven. They also intended to add the FOXDIE vaccine to their list of demands, but were unable to do so due to the actions of ex-FOXHOUND agent Solid Snake, Liquid's genetic twin.
- Liquid Snake (leader)
- Decoy Octopus (disguise/mimicry)
- Vulcan Raven (demolitions expert/heavy machinery)
- Sniper Wolf (sniper)
- Psycho Mantis (psychic expert/psychological warfare specialist)
- Revolver Ocelot (gunman/interrogation specialist)
- Next-Generation Special Forces (army)
- Johnny Sasaki (soldier)
- FAMAS assault rifles
- SOCOM pistols
- HK PSG-1 Sniper rifle
- M67 hand grenades
- M18 Claymore anti-personnel mines
- XM82 Flashbangs
- Stinger Missiles with at least three missile ammo
Notes and references
- ^ In the novelization, three members of the Space SEALs, dressed in snow uniforms, brought two containers into the storage facility, remarking that their boss will be picking them up. One of the containers, a bulky square container, contained a large cache of M67 hand grenades, M18A1 Claymore mines, C4, and Flashbang grenades, implying that these were weapons that the Sons of Big Boss had procured.
- ^ In the novelization, three members of the Space SEALs, dressed in snow uniforms, brought two containers into the storage facility, remarking that their boss will be picking them up. One of the containers, a large rectangular container, contained three Stinger Missiles and a Stinger launcher, implying that the Sons of Big Boss had procured this weapon.
- ^ The Codec that Meryl Silverburgh used originally belonged to Johnny Sasaki, having stolen it along with his uniform. Similarly, Liquid Snake, while disguised as Master Miller, used the Codec to contact Snake. He also used it to contact Ocelot and Vulcan Raven shortly after Snake destroyed the latter's tank. Finally, Sniper Wolf utilized the Codec to contact Snake and Otacon shortly before her and Snake's sniper battle in the snowfield, hinting that the Sons of Big Boss used the Codec for communication.