Various parts of the drama soundtrack. Edit
Can someone post at least miniscule summaries about the drama soundtrack, assuming they have it? I just hope the titles don't imply anything about you-know-what. Weedle McHairybug 17:36, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
Is the drama CD canon?
Nope, it isn't canon. The first wasn't canon, too.
- Actually, watching it on Youtube now, it's actually an extended version of the "How Miller met Snake" Briefing File in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which definitely was canon. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 00:57, March 24, 2014 (UTC)
- And since Hideo Kojima wrote the CD, I'm going to assume that makes it canon. 18.104.22.168 15:40, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
Included in MGS Ground Zeroes? Edit
According to JunkerHQ's (the community behind the Policenauts translation) twitter, MGSV GZ's Japanese version includes a Peace Walker audio drama which is accompanied by english subtitles like everything else in the game (The game apparently lets you play with text translated in a variety of languages). I don't have a twitter myself so I can't ask, can anyone confirm if this is that audio drama?
EDIT: I found this http://youtu.be/xx0JVKPGtTM?t=16m19s (starts @ 16:19 if the timestamp doesn't work) and it seems to have the first 5 "encounters" but what of the other tracks? Are those BGM and thus not important? Are these the same thing? AwesomeBrand (talk) A while ago (UTC)
- The ones with Snake & Kaz on the titles are audio dramas and not BGMs, and the only radio drama to not use that title scheme is the "Outer Ops Boss Radio" track. BTW, can someone either supply a summary of what happens in the drama tracks from Entry Gate onwards or otherwise a full transcription? Apparently the Sauna bit gives some more details into that fight in the showers that Paz alluded to in one of her diary tapes and Love Cardboard may focus on the ending of the Date Kaz mission (based on what a blog indicated), but I don't know much else (and I'm a bit disgusted that those are the only ones other than the first five parts I have any knowledge about). Can someone like Arkhound or somebody who knows Japanese try to hunt down those audio dramas and post either a summary or transcript so the article can be more complete and hopefully supply more information for any of the articles? We don't have to worry too much about the First Encounter set since I took care of those thanks to the youtube link above. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 20:48, March 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Well here are the tracks. Do with them what you will http://www.absolute-video-games.com/album/56/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-blues-of-peace-and-harmony AwesomeBrand 21:09, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- I can't translate them, if that's what you're implying. I did try to take a Japanese course back at GPC, and while I did reasonably well in the first part of elementary Japanese, the second one I bombed so badly at it that I was forced to drop the course during Spring Break. I did bring them to Arkhound's attention, though. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 15:09, March 31, 2014 (UTC)