Hi, welcome to the Metal Gear Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Metal Gear Acid page.
Hey Bluerock. EditJust a quick question. I was watching the movie Metal Gear Solid:Philanthropy and I was wondering if this picture of Solid Snake could go anywhere. Croyez-en les Militaires Sans Frontières! (talk) 04:23, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I can't speak for Bluerock, but I can say this: Normally, fan-made stuff isn't allowed on the Wiki, but since it was officially recognized by Hideo Kojima, I guess this can pass. You still have to wait for Bluerock's answer, though. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 05:02, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd be happy to make the Philanthropy article if you want. I've watched the movie a few times and I'd be honored to do it. However, I don't know any of these actors, nor do they mention the names of the Metal Gears nor the Main antagonists name. Snake just refeers to him as "some FOXHOUND Freak". Croyez-en les Militaires Sans Frontières! (talk) 05:58, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot here, but if I make the article, and make it look as best I can(which I don't know how good it would look compared to the articles you have here.), would the images be able to go there? Croyez-en les Militaires Sans Frontières! (talk) 13:37, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, you can place them in an image gallery if there a lot of them. If the article needs any improvement, I'm sure that other users will help tidy it up and make it look better. --Bluerock (talk) 14:46, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, I made a mistake in regards to my earlier post: The fan-made film that was officially recognized by Hideo Kojima was actually "Metal Gear Solid: Cracks in the Armor," not MGS:P. Sorry for that. Weedle McHairybug (talk) 14:04, October 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late response. The article looks good so far, just needs a some minor fixes and it will be a nice addition to the wiki. --Bluerock (talk) 08:51, October 19, 2013 (UTC)
So you got rid of the minor characters pageEdit
Glad to see that. Also, thanks for rewording the Green Beret page. 126.96.36.199 16:32, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- No problem, I assume you mean the minor characters page? Anyway, seemed like the best option was to split it down, since it was being used as a catch-all page for characters with no real relation to one another. --Bluerock (talk) 16:55, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Hey, Weedle was the one who added most of the characters, not me. At the very least, the real EVA, the real Naomi Hunter, the KGB chief director and the supposed Big Shell VIP were worth mentioning. I agree that the Mig pilots, the Green Beret and others were irrelevant. And yes, I meant minor characters. Sorry about that. --188.8.131.52 16:59, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- It was nobody's fault really, it just became very big and disorganized over time, like many pages do. At least now it should be easier for people to read about some of these obscure characters. --Bluerock (talk) 17:11, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! Also, I'm not sure if the Big Shell VIP ever existed and I don't want to add speculation. Please feel free to reword the page. --184.108.40.206 17:18, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok. He may have been involved as part of the coverup, but nobody knows for sure. --Bluerock (talk) 17:21, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I've also reworded Hot Coldman's page due to a debate on the talk page between Weedle and some guy. I apologize for assuming that Coldman was the deviously cunning strategist. I assumed he was the guy due to him being the mastermind behind Operation Snake Eater. Then again, Peace Walker never actually says he's the same guy. I guess Kojima just forgot about Gene taunting Big Boss with information regarding the strategist. --220.127.116.11 14:19, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- You are not alone, I think a lot of people made that assumption. I've always been skeptical of this Keyser Söze figure, but I do appear to be in the minority. Anyway, I agree with you, it makes more sense to keep Coldman separate from the DCS, in the absence of any actual evidence. --Bluerock (talk) 15:37, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
New Game plusEdit
Metal Gear Rising
- That seems like the most appropriate place, yes. --Bluerock (talk) 07:43, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
Reflections and HorizonsEdit
With the next generation of consoles all set to launch in a couple of weeks, Wikia thought it would be the perfect time for some of our most active community members to take a fond look back at the current generation. We’d love if you’d provide us with a piece — however long you see fit — wherein you reminisce about a topic of your choosing related to the current generation. We are going to present what you write in an upcoming feature called “Reflections.”
For example, you could write about the changes the Metal Gear Solid series underwent in moving from PS2 to PS3 -- how the series evolved, what the new tech allowed Kojima and co. to accomplish that they couldn't prior. You could, potentially, provide us with some anecdotes about Metal Gear Solid 4 and other games from the current generation that illustrate the game's allure. Or, more generally, you could simply write about what this generation has meant to you as a gamer.
We’re going to be looking to the future, as well, with a similar feature titled “Horizons.” If you could also let us know, in as many words as you like, what trends you’d like to accompany the next generation of games (and what you DON’T want to see) we’d really appreciate it.
Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.
note: If you're interested, please let me know as soon as possible. We'd like to have something by early Monday morning, ideally.
- Sorry for the late response, Mhadick. Thanks for the offer, but I was very busy during the last few weeks, so probably wouldn't have had the chance to write anything very interesting. Good luck with the feature though. --Bluerock (talk) 08:41, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
Has anyone ever explained how Big Boss/Punished Snake can mark people in Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain?.
- Sorry for the late response. I don't know if the controls have been discussed yet, but I guess it will be similar to how you tag enemies in Peace Walker, involving the shoulder buttons. --Bluerock (talk) 08:41, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
- I meant in-universe wise. lol. Croyez-en les Militaires Sans Frontières! (talk) 23:26, November 26, 2013 (UTC)
New Blog. Edit
Hey friend I've got new blog post so if you have the time check it out and tell me what you think. Bye.R.S 00:29, November 20, 2013 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Gekkou25 (talk • contribs)
- Ok, will do. --Bluerock (talk) 08:41, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
Administrator? Coo? Edit
- Indeed, I've helped maintain the site for a year or so now. --Bluerock (talk) 08:41, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you Edit
- No problem. --Bluerock (talk) 08:41, November 20, 2013 (UTC)
Licensed Video Swap ToolEdit
Hey there, Bluerock . My name is Doug and I'm a member of Wikia's Community Development Team! Wikia has recently updated a new admin tool for videos called Licensed Video Swap. This is a new tool that allows admins to quickly swap videos embedded videos on your wiki from outside providers (such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc) to the same (or very similar) video that exists on Wikia Video. The benefit being that the videos hosted on Wikia Video are fully licensed and will never be removed for a licensing issues.
You can read about the updates to the tool on this staff blog. and I am available to help you if you would like any assistance switching any videos out on your wiki, it's your call. Thank you and have a good one!
TheBlueRogue (profile)•(talk)•(email) 22:26, November 18, 2013 (UTC)
New Blog Edit
Hello again I've got a another blog that I think you might like. If you have the time come read if you don't mind. Tell me what you think.R.S 03:08, November 25, 2013 (UTC)
Excuse me, Bluerock? Edit
I was wondering if you would be able to talk on the chat in the next few days?
Merry Metal Gear! EditMerry Christmas Bluerock! I know I am 21 days early, but I thought I should say it.
- Thanks! A shame that MGSV won't be in my Xmas stocking this year. --Bluerock (talk) 23:46, December 6, 2013 (UTC)